Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Present

Good Mornin'

I guess it'll never stop blowin' this spring; not even 9 o'clock and it's all wound up and flyin' across the hills and through the trees. But, god bless, the spirit, it just keeps doin' it's job, popular or not, and I sure admire that quality.

And, I gotta say, that's a pretty neat coincidence, as this mornin', wakin' up and turnin' the pages of my dreams and intuitions, I found myself thinkin' on that very question. Part of my settlin' out here, was the very intent ta kinda find out who/what I was made of, most other opinions aside; get down to the stuff that just comes out spontaneous, natural. Then, it seems, once ya kinda get the hang of it, ya gotta learn ta trust it.

And, somehow or other, that's an amazin' process. I might not understand but a fraction of it, but I'd have ta say, it's likely one of the most excitin' parts of bein' alive; the notion that somethin' made ya, just like it made the wind, with a particular part ta play. And, growin' up, all kinds a folk'll tell ya how ya should be, but knowin', end a the day, there's one that really counts; "did I really try, be true to that, popular or not?".

I don't think I could ever say enough about that "equation", how fluid, challengin' and rewardin' it can be. Kinda like, every day is Christmas and yer the present, if ya just remember.

Silly little sayin' but, too cute to ignore; "The past is history. The future a mystery. This moment a gift; that's why it's called the present.". O.K., so, one more, fill in the picture; "wherever ya go, there you are.".

Have a great day!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Funny. I have the same on my bulletin board in my classroom..."The past is history, etc". I wonder sometimes if the kids understand the true meaning. Who would if kids didn't?
    Anyway, I am there and so are you.

    ReplyDelete